This parsley sauce is a variation I've been honing based on Cheeseboard's Green Sauce. Bethany provided some scallop searing tips for this tasty seafood appetizer: when you can press the scallop down with your finger and it bounces back, it's done.
- 1 bunch parsley (also great with cilantro)
- juice from 1/2 lemon (or lime)
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- fresh hot pepper to taste
- 1 avocado
- 2 tbs coconut oil (or olive oil)
- bit of honey
- Put everything but the oil and avocado into the chopper and blend until smooth.
- Add avocado, then oil.
Serves six portions as shown above.