- 1 butternut squash
- 12 frozen cherries (approx)
- Juice of 2 small lemons
- hot pepper, chopped (to taste)
- 2 tbs honey
- 2 tbs olive oil
- salt to taste
1. Cut the squash into quarters. Drizzle with olive oil and salt and roast for about 45 minutes at 400 degrees or until soft but edges not yet browning
2. Combine cherries, lemon juice, hot pepper, honey and olive oil and let sit until squash has cooked enough to soften.
3. Puncture squash in several places with a fork. Drizzle sauce onto squash, leaving cherries in the scooped-out pits, and getting the sauce into the punctures on the flat quarters.
4. Roast for about 15 more minutes or until starting to brown at edges.