Made this recipe for Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies from the blog With Peanut Butter on Top. Cookie shown was made with chocolate, dried cranberries and minced ginger. The recipe is also good with walnuts and flax seeds. The variation I made isn’t super sweet, which seems like an ok thing for breakfast cookie to be.
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tbsp. golden flax meal
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup pastry flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2-3 oz chopped dark chocolate (70%)
- handful of chopped walnuts
- Combine the wet stuff and the dry stuff separately and mix well respectively.
- Combine wet and dry together and add extras (chocolate+ walnuts or cranberries+ginger).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.