This sandwich goes out on a sweet-and-salty limb and pays off big time. An investigation into the the depths of the freezer and cupboard uncovered a lovely combo for lunch.
- sandwich bread
- Vermont cheddar
- can or jar of tuna in olive oil
- dill, to taste
- maple-bacon-onion jam from Stonewall Kitchen
- 1/2 Meyer lemon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Spread jam onto bread and lay down on a baking sheet
- Cut thin slices of cheddar and lay those on top of the jam
- Place in the oven for approximately 3 minutes, so that cheese is starting to melt but nothing is getting too crispy
- Mix tuna with dill and meyer lemon, add a tablespoon of olive oil if it seems dry
- Take bread slices out of the oven and lay down the tuna mixture on top of the cheddar layer. Put back in the oven for another 3 minutes or so, until desired toasty-ness is reached.
- Serve open face or as a sandwich.