What better way to declare it's still summer than with frozen mango treats? To my surprise, mango lassis are relatively straightforward, and after looking up a few drink and ice cream recipes along these lines, I went for it, using my all-time favorite yogurt, Greek Gods Honey flavor.
- 2 ripe mangoes
- 1 cup Greek Gods Honey flavored yogurt (or other fat-laden yogurt)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Peel and chop the mangoes then cook them down over low heat for 20-30 minutes to remove excess water (which makes the ice cream less creamy) and concentrate flavor
- Refrigerate mango mixture for an hour, or until cold
- Using a blender or immersion blender, first puree the mango goop, then add in the rest of the ingredients and blend thoroughly.
- Add the mixture to your ice cream maker and run for the suggested time. Then freeze the ice cream for a few hours before serving. Or eat it immediately soft-serve style which is amazing.