Adapted from this Food Network recipe, this one swaps out regular flour for rice flour, red onion for garlic scapes, and has a bit o flair on top.
- 2 regular zucchini (I use 4 baby squash)
- 2 eggs
- 2 garlic scapes
- 6 tablespoons rice flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- sprinkling of turmeric and cayenne pepper
- grapeseed oil / bacon grease
- Cook some bacon and leave the grease in the pan when you’re done, adding some grape seed oil if need be. Or just use grape seed oil if you’re not someone who requires bacon at every breakfast.
- Shred the zucchini or squash with a grater, then add the eggs and scapes.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt and if desired, turmeric and cayenne to taste.
- With pan on medium high heat, drop a big spoonful in and cook until browned on one side. Flip and repeat.
As is standard with things cooked in bacon grease, the flavor has just a little more oomph, and the scapes also make it quite savory.