I took the BEST PANCAKE RECIPE EVER and altered it to make it richer with Greek yogurt and snazzier with cacao nibs and cherries. It's a breakfast on the sweet side (in the tradition of a Ben and Jerry's ice cream flavor, so yeah) but made without sugar. Coconut oil is also a dream to fry pancakes in!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup frozen cherries
- tablespoon orange juice
- extra coconut oil
- cacao nibs
- Mix together the dry ingredients
- Melt the coconut oil and the honey together in a small pot
- Blend the yogurt and water together
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the yogurt-water, the honey-oil and the egg, blend until smooth. Stir in cacao nibs to your liking.
- Place the frozen cherries, a teaspoon or so of coconut oil and the orange juice in the same small pot as the honey mixture from before, heat on low until softened and syrupy
- Add about a tablespoon of coconut oil to a cast iron pan and heat on high to melt. Bring the heat down to medium or low once the pan is sizzling hot, and fry the pancakes.
- Serve with cherry syrup and a sprinkling of cacao nibs.