A few summers back I copied a beloved Ben & Jerry's ice cream flavor, Chunky Monkey with the standard chocolate chunks and walnuts. After making excessively sweet gluten-free brownies a few weeks ago, I decided to freeze them for a future experiment. The time came to take Chunky Monkey to the next level with banana, brownie bits and instead of walnuts - extra crunchy peanut butter! As easy to make as it is delicious - 5 minutes of prep time (if the brownies are already made, that is).
- 1 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 bananas
- Crunchy peanut butter (approx. 12 dime-size balls)
- Brownie bits (approx. 12 dime-size chunks)
- Mix heavy cream, bananas and maple syrup in a blender until liquefied.
- Pour into ice cream maker and run for about 35 minutes.
- While ice cream is freezing, scoop peanut butter into balls and cut brownies into small bits (both about the size of a dime) and place in the freezer.
- When ice cream is done, scoop a layer into the container, then arrange peanut butter and brownie bits on top. Add another layer of ice cream and another layer of bits.
- Freeze for another 4 hours before serving.