So far this recipe has gone through a lot of tasty iterations, starting with the original Oatmeal Breakfast Cookie, then Honey-Filled Pumpkin Banana Protein Puffs, and now a slight alteration and a few new bits of flair brings us to Chocolate Ginger Protein Puffs. Each time I make a new version of these puffs, I keep saying "best yet!" and it's true. Gluten-free and sugar-free (*if you use plain dried ginger and not the candied kind, that is).
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tsp. ginger syrup
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tbsp. golden flax meal
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/4 cup oats
- 2/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup chopped dark chocolate (70%)
- 1/8 cup candied ginger, cut into small chunks
- handful of sliced almonds
- Combine the wet stuff and the dry stuff separately and mix well respectively.
- Combine wet and dry together and add extras (chocolate+ginger+almonds).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.