The evolution of the breakfast cookie. Original recipe from the blog With Peanut Butter On Top, this adaptation came from the need to use up three frozen bananas to make more space in the freezer. It's gluten-free and almost sugar-free and really accomplishes the job of a snack - which is keep you from getting hangry for hours. Seriously, one of these was my lunch yesterday - it's packed!
- 3 bananas (frozen or un)
- 3 tbsp. melted butter
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 heaping spoonful of almond butter
- 1 heaping spoonful of peanut butter
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp. flax meal
- 1.5 cup oats
- 1.5 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup coconut
- 1.5 tsp. cinnamon
- 2-3 oz dark chocolate chips
- handful of walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Put the bananas, butter, egg whites, vanilla and nut butters into a chopper and blend until smooth.
- Place the remaining dry ingredients into a bowl and mix.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and add chocolate chips.
- Divide evenly into the 12 cups of a cupcake pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
Makes 12 puffs.