An homage to the 90’s hip hop group Tribe Called Quest, this side dish is easy, tasty and awesome.
- 4-5 beets, peeled and shredded
- 3 cloves of garlic, mashed
- juice from 1/2 a lime
- salt, bbq spices to taste
- olive oil for frying
- Again, the mystery “Sunny Caribee” brand BBQ seasoning has taken this vegetable up a notch.
- Heat olive oil in a pan on medium high heat.
- Add mashed garlic and sautee until it just starts to sizzle, don’t let it burn.
- Add shredded beets and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add lime juice, salt and spices and cook for another 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with lime wedge and watercress or other spicy greens.