- about 25 brussels sprouts, thinly sliced
- 3 strips of bacon
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- olive oil
- 2 eggs
- cheddar cheese
- sriracha or other hot sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- juice from 1/4 lemon
- Slice the brussels sprouts thinly
- Cut the strips of bacon into small chunks and fry on medium high heat in a little olive oil
- When bacon begins to brown, add crushed garlic and a bit more olive oil and fry for just a minute (don't let the garlic stick and burn), then add the sliced brussels sprouts
- More oil may be needed to keep everything moving in the pan, but once the greens begin to soften, add a ladle of chicken broth and stir
- Continue stirring, adding the same amount of chicken broth occasionally when things begin to stick or seem dry. Add the lemon juice part way through, and sprinkle everything generously with salt.
- When the greens have really started to soften and break down (maybe 20 minutes?) make two pockets for frying your eggs (there's plenty of hash with this recipe to do 4 eggs if so desired), and crack them into the empty spaces in your hash.
- Cook to your preferred fried egg opacity (hopefully runny) and serve in bowls with generous amounts of shredded cheddar cheese, salt to taste, and fresh cracked pepper. Add sriracha or other spicy sauce.