It all started with Turkey Date Meatballs adapted from Frankie's Classic Meatball recipe. Then I started swapping out all sorts of things. Below you'll find the basic framework for the burger version with apricots, and soon I'll add a meatball version with cranberries to the blog. The difference being egg and breadcrumbs added for meatballs. Enjoy! And send in your own fruity adaptations too!
- 1/2 a white onion (or one small onion), chopped
- 1/2 lb ground beef (or turkey or lamb)
- 4 dried apricots
- 1/4 cup of herbs (parsley, chives, whathaveyou)
- 2 pressed garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- sprinkle of turmeric and cayenne pepper
- Combine ingredients in a small bowl. There may be too many onions, which is ok, they can hang out and fry in the pan.
- Divide and squish. Make patties (about 6) and refrigerate until ready to fry.
- Heat a frying pan with enough olive oil for frying, and when hot begin adding patties. Cook thoroughly on both sides and serve. Also great on the grill.