A different kind of lobster roll: steamed lobster, garlic scapes, avocado and sushi rice. First made this when living on the island of Vinalhaven, ME for the summer. I was surrounded by free lobster and living on a small farm where I first encountered garlic scapes.
- sushi rice
- steamed lobster
- garlic scapes
- seaweed wraps
- Make sushi rice per instructions on box
- Steam a few lobsters
- Chop garlic scapes
- Toast seaweed wraps by glancing each sheet over open flame, quickly.
- Add a layer of rice covering entire seaweed sheet
- Add a substantial strip of lobster near the bottom.
- Sprinkle garlic scapes, then roll up. Chop into rounds.
Great with avocado, too!