I'm a big fan of toppings and feel that they make the meal. That's why I'm a fan of Anderson's Pea Soup. The soup is just pea soup but it's so fun to add the croutons, green onion, etc. on top. I made vegan black bean enchiladas the other night and then we had a contest to see how many toppings we could add when we had them as leftovers later in the week. I highly recommend it as a fun leftovers activity!
Black Bean Enchiladas:
- Sauté one yellow onion with chopped bell peppers
- Add one can of black beans
- Line casserole dish with tortillas (I used Trader Joe's Brown Rice Tortillas which weren't very bendy...)
- Fill with black bean filling
- Pour enchilada sauce on top (I tried Trader Joe's and it's good)
- Bake at 350
- Enchilada sauce
- Hot sauce
- Greek yogurt
- Cotija cheese
- Pumpkin seeds
- Leftover baked acorn squash
- We didn't have any on hand but a fried egg on top would have been delicious!