I've been on a soup shot kick for a little while. Mainly because I like the glasses Jill gave me but also because sometimes you don't want a full bowl of soup with dinner. I made coconut-acorn squash soup recently and then served the leftovers cold a few days later in shot glasses and it was even better the second time around! This soup is so quick and easy to make:
Coconut-Acorn Squash Soup:
- Cut up an acorn squash and place on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle a little water on top and bake at 350 for about 20 minutes
- While it's baking, sauté a yellow onion and/or shallots in coconut oil
- Add the baked squash + 2 cans of coconut milk + 2 cans of water and simmer for about 15 minutes
- Carefully use an immersion blender or pour into a regular blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve hot or cold
- Shot glass optional