I had a craving for Thai iced tea, but wanted something a little less hardcore than sweetened condensed milk. And, of course, I had no access to special Thai iced tea mix (complete with yellow food coloring, etc.). Substituting whole milk makes this drink a little lighter while still being rather indulgent.
- 5 black tea bags (I used Awake! from Tazo)
- maple syrup
- whole milk
- ice cubes
- Put the tea bags in a large pitcher, pour hot water over and let steep - not for too long!
- While still hot, stir in maple syrup to taste
- Refrigerate for a few hours until cold
- Add some ice to a glass, pour the tea over, leaving a little room on top, and add whole milk