The inspiration for this dish came from wanting to make shrimp with PokPok's Fried Egg Salad dressing, but being on The Whole 30 and needing a substitute for palm sugar. Enter the handful of raspberries...
- 1/2 pound clean/peeled shrimp
- handful of raspberries, mashed
- 1.5 tbsp lemon or lime juice
- 1 tbsp thai fish sauce
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/2 tsp fresh hot pepper
- 10-15 thin salami slices, chopped
- 1 head purple cauliflower
- 1/2 a large white onion
- olive oil
- Combine raspberries, lemon juice, fish sauce, garlic and hot pepper.
- Add to bowl with cleaned shrimp, toss to coat thoroughly and keep in the fridge until ready.
- Chop onion into small cubes and fry in olive oil on medium heat until beginning to soften.
- Meanwhile, chop cauliflower into bite-size pieces and add to a pot of salted boiling water.
- As cauliflower approaches desired softness (approx 10 minutes of boiling), add chopped salami to the softened onions. Stir continuously.
- Drain cauliflower, reserving a bit of the purple water in case needed, and add to pan. Continue to fry for 5-10 minutes or until there's a bit of crispiness and flavors have absorbed.
- In a separate pan, heat a bit of olive (or coconut) oil on medium high and when hot, add shrimp and sauce. Cook thoroughly on each side and serve with cauliflower and some butter lettuce.